Author: Erin Noelle
Publication Date: October 23, 2016
Genre: Contemporary, Romantic Comedy
I’ve got 99 problems but money ain’t one. Though a sister with cotton candy for brains, a spatula-wielding six-year-old niece with a British accent, and the mysterious businessman who left me that damn ticket are all currently vying for the top spot.
When I became the sole winner of a $270 million Megaball jackpot, thanks to a sexy stranger who left a lottery ticket instead of paying for his meal, my entire world flipped upside-down.
Now, with money-sucking vultures, douchebags by the dozens, and a horde of total hotties just waiting to get their mangy paws on my newfound fortune, I set out to locate the man who gifted me the winning ticket–to properly thank him.
However, when I finally find the cocky, self-absorbed business tycoon, Teague Goodman, I’m not sure whether I want to slap him… or ring his MEGABALLS.
Spoiler Free Review
So, I was lucky enough to participate in the promos leading up to the release of Megaballs, so I was so ready to get this book in my hot little hands. I finally got a chance to read it and I can see what all the hype was about!
Finley is a college student who lives with her flaky sister, Farrah, and Farrah’s uber smart six year old daughter Fiona. She waitresses at a local Italian restaurant and after arriving to work late, getting yelled and leered at by her creepy boss, she takes over a table and meets Mr. Sexy Eyes, or at least that is what she calls him. Unfortunately, even after their hot little exchange involving her face in his lap, a spilled drink and a hair vs watch failure, he skips out before paying his bill and giving her his name. He does leave her a lottery ticket and lo and behold, the next day Finley is all of a sudden a mutli-millionaire.
That’s all I’m giving you about what happens because it would be an absolute travesty for you to not experience this book yourself.
So, let’s talk about characters…
1. Finley – this poor girl is a klutz with the worst luck. She loves her sister and niece and her interactions with them are priceless. I really loved her obsession with Mr. Sexy Eyes.
2. Teague – a.k.a. Mr. Sexy Eyes. Teague is an enigma. In the prologue (told from his POV) he is a poor farm kid who gets bullied. Grown up Teague is a control freak with a hidden dominant side, but really he is still a farm kid who loves his Grandpa and is still getting bullied.
3. Farrah – poor Farrah is a ditz. Her grasp of the English language is shocking. She is fun comedic relief.
4. Fiona – Fiona steals the whole book. I am not kidding you. This six year old who wants to be on Master Chef Junior, has an IQ off the charts and speaks in a British accent just because was pricelessly hysterical and I loved her!
Fun moments – without giving anything away, here are some moments to watch out for:
1. What the heck is Teague reading on his phone while waiting in his lawyer’s office. I honestly thought this was a joke and it is, sort of.
2. Finley’s lap mishap
3. The speed dating scene…the entire scene had me busting a gut!
4. Teague and jessica and a rope.
5. The visit to their Uncle’s homestead
6. Camping in a tent
7. Finley’s little head injury.
8. Every moment with Fiona
There are so many hysterical moments in Megaballs. I loved that Finley and Teague weren’t immediately thrown together and we got some real and solid character development for both of them. The supporting characters only add to the fun of the book.
I loved it. I know you will, too! Go buy it…NOW!